When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Our Pedal Tour promises to make you experience the joys of sigh-seeing on a bi-cycle, amidst scintillating surroundings.
We have worked out a combination of tours on a bike, which includes soft adventure bike riding as well. Get on the high-end UT gear bicycles and unwind as you pedal. Cycle within the city and its outskirts. Enjoy the flora and fauna en route. Lots of photo-ops with friends and family.
( A ) Get the taste of India. Pedal Tour within the city and the outskirts:
( 15 km, 20 km, 30 km, 40 km+ 2-3hours )
- Assemble at 1559 A.D. Restaurant.
- Cycle tour starts.
- Start cycling through the lanes of the city, head to a village on the outskirts. Watch villagers at work, and start clicking. An old temple in the village is worth visiting.
- Halt midway for tea break and snacking.
- Interact as you cycle on the road, off the road, uphill and downhill. See rural, urban or a mix of composite culture, unveiled in front of you.
- Cycle Tour ends at 1559 A.D. Restaurant.
( B ) Pedal Adventure Tour: Dawn to Noon, Half-a-day Pedalling
Party never ends! Aravali mountain biking experience, breakfast on-the-go, village visit, mud house visit, chat with local shepherds (Raikaaz), Ranakpur Jain Temples visit, scenic drive.
- Early morning pick up from hotel.
- Drive to the outskirts, halting en-route for tea-snacks/packed breakfast
- Reach the starting point. Hop on to your bi-cycle. Enjoy one-of-a-kind biking experience that varies from easy downhill to moderate uphill.
- Pedal on the high-end UT bikes for a 20km run downhill and further on to the plains where you get to meet the local villagers, see their lifestyles, be amidst the lush green farms locally known as dhaani, inhale the fresh air.
- You just might come across the shepherds (locally known as raikaaz) strolling in their beautiful attire, followed by their camels, dogs and sheep as a part of their caravan. Stop and take pictures. Have a fun-filled interaction.
- Continue towards the famous Ranakpur Jain Temples. Take breaks as per your comfort. This is the last leg of your biking tour.
- Return to the city in a vehicle, enjoying a scenic drive through lush green hills, winding roads, rivers and streams, and even see langoors (monkeys) on the way.
- Arrive at Udaipur by lunch.
( C ) A Dawn-to-Dusk, Full Day Pedal Adventure
An extended tour of Dawn to Noon Tour with added destinations, including one of India’s largest forts, KumbhalGarh.
- Pick-up from hotel at dawn.
- Head straight out of the city and drive into the lap of the beautiful Aravali mountains range.
- Halt en-route for packed breakfast or tea/snacks.
- Proceed further and reach the starting point of your biking journey.
- Hop on to the waiting mountain bikes—go pedalling from easy downhill to moderate uphill.
- Cycle downhill for a 20 km and then, further on to the plains where you get to meet the local villagers, observe their lifestyle, be amidst the lush green farms that are locally known as dhaniyaaz, and feel the freshness of the air in your lungs.
- You just might cross paths with the local shepherds—Raikaaz, clad in their beautiful attires walking with camels, dogs, and sheep as a part of their caravan. Click pictures and have a fun filled interaction.
- After a short break, continue towards the renowned Ranakpur Jain Temples, cycling as per your comfort.
- Leave your bikes and get back into vehicle. Enjoy a scenic drive through flowing river, lush green mountains, meandering roads or Ghats in the mountains, and spot the langoors (monkeys) on the way.
- Head to the mammoth KumbhalGarh Fort, a magnificent site nestled in the Aravali ranges; a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The most important aspect of this Fort is the continuous wall built on the mountains, covering a periphery for 36 sq. km, supposedly the second longest continuous wall after The Great Wall of China!
- Before you reach the Fort, alight from the car and mount bike once again for a second round of cycling jaunt through the lovely landscapes and villages and discover the pure joy of being in India, ‘The Real Rural and Incredible India’.
- Post the Fort visit, get back into the comforts of the waiting cars, and relax on your drive back to Udaipur.
- Reach Udaipur by dusk and head straight to another mesmerizing place for dinner, at the rooftop Upre Restaurant. (optional, and not included with the tour charges)